Scar and keloid treatment
A scar is part of the normal healing process. The type of scar that forms can depend on a variety of factors including the nature of the injury, which part of the body, the size and the depth of the wound. Scars consist of a non-living protein called collagen which is the most common tissue in the body.
A keloid scar is a red and raised area which can be uncomfortable and restricting. This type of scarring is a result of the build up of collagen in the area, making the scar larger than the actual size of the wound.
Hypertrophic scarring is also red and raised, but without the excess collagen build-up leaving the scar confined to the original wound area.
NBGS’ medical grade silicone is a clinically proven technology used to diminish scars both new and old, this includes hypertrophic scars and keloids. It helps restore the skin to a more natural texture and color. Used after surgery or injury, our advanced technology even helps prevent scar tissue from forming. It is safe for anyone age three and up and all skin tones, and alleviates the itching and discomfort associated with scars and keloids.
- use this product once scar or wound has been healing for at least 7 days. You may start using immediately on older scars.
- Silicone sheets or pads should be worn for 4-8 hours per day for the first few days, and gradually increased up to 24 hours a day. Use a minimum of 12 hours a day for maximum results.
- Gently wash silicone sheets in warm water every day prior to usage. This product is formulated for application to:
- Keloid Scars
- Hypertrophic Scars
- Cosmetic Surgical Scars
- Surgery Scars
- Accidental Scars
- Breast Implant & Reduction Scars
- Burn Scars
- Raised Acne Scars
- C-Section & Pregnancy Scars